Late January is when many cycling enthusiasts start to ride again. The return to the activity, as Davide Martinelli has already explained, is very challenging, for several reasons. During the winter months our body gets out of the habit of enduring efforts, especially if we have not kept active practising aerobic alternatives. Enduring large training loads or many hours in the saddle is no longer possible. We need to recondition our body to the efforts. In order not to jeopardize the body’s biological equilibrium, we should try to avoid over-revving, or sustaining maximal efforts that could be counterproductive. It is always better to tackle rides with lengths that […]
- IT GETS WARMER. WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR AN ATHLETE?
- THE TRICKS OF THE TRADE: HOW TO BEAT COLD AND COMPETITION AT THE CLASSICS
- GREAT START IN OMAN… THEN STRAIGHT INTO THE SUB-ZERO CONDITIONS OF THE BELGIAN REFRIGERATOR
- TOUR OF OMAN: THIS IS HOW I ARRIVED READY AT THE START LINE
- PREPARATION: THE SECOND IMPORTANT STEP
- I WANT TO UNDERSTAND IT ALL, I DO READ AND I AM WARY OF THE INTERNET
- CYCLING: GYM, POWER LIFTING YES OR NOT? HOW MANY ALTERNATIVES…